CW-056C Access 2003 Advanced
Synopsis: Created for the student whose goal is to become proficient in PivotTables and PivotCharts; creating advanced forms and macros; Internet integration; database management and security fundamentals; and explore Access SQL.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Access 2003 Intermediate class or equivalent experience.
Length of Course: Self-paced, average 12-18 hours per course
Required Text: Clackamas Community College custom courseware will be provided at the first class.
- Querying with SQL
- SQL and Access.
- Writing SQL statements .
- Attaching SQL queries to controls.
- Advanced queries
- Creating crosstab queries.
- Creating parameter queries.
- Using action queries.
- Creating, running, and modifying macros.
- Attaching macros to the events of database objects.
- Advanced macros
- Creating macros to provide user interaction.
- Creating macros that require user input.
- Creating the AutoKeys and AutoExec macros.
- Creating macros for data transfer.
- Importing, exporting, and linking objects
- Importing objects.
- Exporting objects.
- Interacting with the XML documents.
- Linking Access objects.
- Working with Windows SharePoint Services.
- Database management
- Optimize resources.
- Replicating and synchronizing databases.
- Security fundamentals
- Protecting databases.
- Encrypting and decrypting databases.
- User-level security.